Pre Wax Directions
- Allow wax to melt to workable consistency.
- Prepare your work-station, place wax sheet on bed.
- Wash hands with anti-bacterial hand wash and put on Latex/Vinyl Gloves.
- Break off block of wax from tray and place inside empty tin.
- Attach wax collar to heater*. Using the stainless steel tin holder, place the tin inside the heater. Turn heater on to high (usually 68 degrees) and thereafter, when wax is warmed sufficiently, adjust dial to medium heat to maintain desired temperature.
*Depending on personal preference, wax collar may be placed around lip of tin or directly onto heater.
Post Wax Directions
- Clean working area with Citric Wax Cleaner including roller head, roller system base, wax sheets, clothing etc.
- Advise client to exfoliate regularly during waxing sessions and book the client for the next appointment.
Top Tips for Bikini Waxing
- Using cotton wool, clean the client’s skin with Salon Specifics Pre Wax Serum or Pre Wax Lotion (with purifying Tea Tree oil) to remove excess oils. Test the temperature of the Hot Wax on your inner arm using a wooden spatula.
- Assess the direction of hair growth. Using a wooden spatula, apply the wax thickly with one hand in the opposite direction of the hair growth, and support the skin with the other hand.
- Allow the Hot Wax to set and peel an edge to work with, while providing support with one hand.
- Gently lift edge and remove against the hair growth, placing your hand over the waxed area to comfort it.
- Reapply wax as directed, working in small patches at a time. Clean the skin with Salon Specifics Post Wax Creme or Post Wax Oil to nourish and soothe the skin.
Top Tips for Eyebrow Waxing
- Cleanse skin with Salon Specifics Alcohol Free Pre Wax Lotion.
- Apply wax in opposite direction.
- Calm skin with Salon Specifics Post Wax Rose Oil or Post Wax Creme