Strip Waxes are best used for knees, back and legs.
- Using cotton wool, clean the client’s skin with Salon Specifics Alcohol Free Pre Wax Lotion to remove excess oils. Apply talcum powder to lift the hairs.
- Test the temperature of the Strip Wax on your inner arm using the cartridge.
- Assess the direction of hair growth.
- Apply the Strip Wax with your one hand very thinly in the same direction as the hair, and support the skin with the other hand.
- Apply the epilating strip and bond firmly down in the same direction.
- Grasp the lower free end of the strip and pull quickly against hair growth working from the ankle upwards and support the skin with the other hand. Reapply wax as directed. The same epilating strip may be reused until it is ineffective and full of wax. Any excess wax can be removed with a strip.
- Calm skin with Salon Specifics Post Wax Rose Oil or Post Wax Creme